I have worked in marketing for the past ten years in the technology and publishing industries. In my current role, I am Director of Marketing for Online Learning at Zondervan Academic, a division of HarperCollins publishers.
I am a voracious reader and constant learner. This blog is an attempt to summarize, organize, and remember what I’m learning.
Thorton Wilder said that “I think I write in order to discover on my shelf a new book that I would enjoy reading or to see a new play that would engross me.” What I write here is my attempt to engage, summarize, and collect what I find interesting—i.e. write the blog I would want to read.
Although I attempt to read and write about a variety of topics, at any given time I’m usually pondering an idea in one of the following categories:
- heuristics and biases
- decision-making and persuasion
- story and narrative
- business, including entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology
- productivity, including time management and habit formation
- design, including branding and typography
- philosophy (mostly circa 1800 and before)
- sales and marketing
- learning, including reading, writing, and education
- strategic thinking
- urban planning
- the brain, including topics related to consciousness, neuroscience, and the physiology of the brain
- evolutionary psychology
- free will
- obsolete transportation infrastructure